Date - JAN 2009
Affected Product & Version - NVBU 8.2.1
Affected Module & Version - FileSystem 7.0+
OS Version - Windows
Application Information - N/A
First the share must be added under the filesystem plugin on the NetVault server. Make sure you can browse the contents of the share in the backup window to be sure it is configured properly.
See section 18.10 “Configuring a Network Share” of the NetVault Backup Administrators Guide for details.
1. In the restore window select the item you want to restore.
2. Right click on the item you selected for restore and select rename.
3. Check the relocate box and type the name of the share as it is listed under network shares in the filesystem plugin. You can also append additional path information.
4. If you are restoring an entire windows volume, you must also rename the drive letter to a valid directory name. For example, if you wanted to restore the entire G:\ drive you should rename it to DriveG.
5. Select the NetVault server in the target client tab.
6. Complete configuring the rest of the restore job as normal and submit it.