How to create a group in Management server, where the users should be able to see the VMware dashboard under "Homes", but will not be able to edit anything.
Roles: Console User & General access can give such a secured access.
Below is how to create the new group:
1. Go to "Administration | Users & Security | Manage Roles, Users & Groups"
2. Create a new group for example "Test_Group"
3. Assign roles to the new group: Console User, General Access
4. Go To "Users" tab and create a new user, for example "Test"
5. Click on "Selet Group" to assign the "Test_Group" to user "Test"
6. Finally enter a password and click on "Finish"
Attached doc explains the difference if VMware admin role is added to the above created new group.