A mail agent is reporting the following error:
"Error 4733 There is no SERVERNAME server in the servers table"
The agent config.mdb file does not contain the correct server information.
Re-enumerate the Source &/or the Target Exchange Organization
1. Stop the Agent presenting the error
2. Right click the Source, or Target Exchange organization and click Add - DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING
3. Click Next and type the Active Directory Domain and Credentials
4. Uncheck "Add Exchange topology only" and CHECK "Use Global Catalog for enumeration"
5. Click Next and click Finish
6. Expand the target Exchange Organization until you find the Server Name, or the DAG,
7. Right click and select Properties,
8. No need to make any changes, simply click OK - This will send a new config.ini to the server
9. Expand Synchronization Jobs, Expand Mail Synchronization
10. Right click the Server Pair involved, and Click Committ Changes if available, Otherwise, click Re-Apply Agents configuration,
11. Start the Agent which was presenting the issue.
1. Stop the agent and rename or delete the log - located here by default \\servername\qmmex$servername$\
Highlight the sync job (server pair), and using the right mouse menu try to Reapply Agent Configuration. Start the agent and check the log to see if the error has bee resolved. If the error persists, proceed with step 2.
2. Stop the agent and rename the config.mdb file. Copy a new mdb file from any other agent or download it from:
Replace the old mdb file and Reapply Agent Configuration. Start the agent and check the log to see if the error has been resolved. If the error persists, proceed with step 3.
3. Re-add the source and then the target org, as outlined in Solution 26733:
Reapply Agent Configuration and start the agent. If the error persists, proceed with step 4.
4. Uninstall the agent and reinstall the agent, and Reapply Agent Configuration. This step is really the last resort, as step 2 or 3 will usually resolve the problem.