How to change the PNAdmin user password in SQL and update in vWorkspace
The PNADMIN password may be lost.
- We need to detect the name of the vWorkspace SQL user.
- This can be done by opening Control Panel on any Connection Broker (CB) or Terminal Server (TS) machines.
- Open Access Data Sources (ODBC) and click System DSN tab.
- Check entries there one by one and see which one is used to connect to the SQL server and database of vWorkspace.
Note: on 64-bit machines, 32-bit ODBC applet should be launched (file path is \windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe)
- Open SQL Management Studio on SQL server, hosting vWorkspace database.
- For SQL Express version, SQL Express Management Studio is available for download from the Microsoft website.
- Log in using either SQL authentication with SA credentials or using Windows Authentication under domain admin account.
- Navigate to Security, Logins node and reset vWorkspace SQL user's password.
Important: this will immediately disconnect all CB and TS machines from SQL database, but will not drop already running sessions. It will affect all new sessions made from vWorkspace connectors or Web-IT.
- Open vWorkspace Management console on each and every CB and TS machine in order to update vWorkspace SQL user's password. Usually, vWorkspace console should prompt for new credentials and path to the SQL server. If vWorkspace console was already opened, it's possible to create a new DSN entry through File | Database Configuration menu.