When upgrading FxV(Foglight Experience Viewer) version 5.5.4 to 5.5.5 the upgrade fails and the message "Configuration problem: upgrade cannot continue if 5.0.x segments are present" is displayed in the upgrade.log.
There are old data files(segments) from previous versions of FxV stored on the disk that can not be loaded in to the newer version of FxV.
1) Use SCP to copy the FxV upgrade script to /home/support on the FxV server.
2) Login to the SSH console on the FxV appliance using the ID support
3) su setup
4) Select menu Item #5) Services Configuration
5) Select menu Item #7) Apply Hotfix
6) Follow the prompts and reply Yes when asked to delete old data files(segments).
7) Upgrade will complete successfully.