How to create a support bundle for FxV?
Method #1: Creating support bundle through HTTP UI
1) Start by logging on to the FxV HTTP UI.
2) Go to Configure -> Superuser Tasks
3) Click on Generate Support Bundle Button
4) Save zip file to local disk
5) The file is now ready to be sent to Quest Software Technical Support.
6) You can attach it to your current case or request that support provide an alternative method to transfer.
Method #2: Creating support bundle through SSH menu
1) SSH into the appliance using putty or some other SSH software as the support ID
2) On the command line su to the setup account “su setup”
3) In the menu select “Services Configuration”
4) Select “Generate Support Bundle”
5) Select “Yes”
6) The support bundle will be stored in “/home/support” the full file name will be listed at the completion of the support bundle generation.
7) Use SCP or similar software to copy the support bundle to your local machine using the support ID
8) The file is now ready to be sent to Quest Software Technical Support.
9) You can attach it to your current case or request that support provide an alternative method to transfer.