Configuring a group policy to logoff disconnected sessions after a period of time.
By default terminal services allows a user to disconnect from a remote session without logging off the user and ending the session
Apply a group policy setting to force the logoff of disconnected terminal services sessions after a period off time.
- Open the group policy editor and select an appropriate policy object or create a new one if required.
- Browse to Computer configuration | Policies | Administrative Templates | Windows components | Remote Desktop Services | Remote Desktop Session Host | Session Time limits
- Locate the policy setting 'Set time limit for disconnected sessions' enable this setting
- From the drop-down list select the desired time limit for disconnected sessions
- Apply this policy to an OU containing the applicable terminal servers or desktop computers