We have a process on our Windows system where we wish to be alerted when it reaches a certain percentage of memory?
Does Foglight have an agent which will provide this information?
The AppMonitor agent will collect memory usage of a specific process if one:
One would then have to create a rule for the agent referencing the ProcessTotals tables field Percent_Memory Metric.
1) The easiest way to create the rule is within the Rule Manager, copy the existing AppMonitor_ProcessTotals rule and then edit the copy.
One can chose to clear the Activate checkbox on the Critical & Fatal tabs of the copied rule if you only wish to use the Warning & Normal conditions.
2) Create a Registry Variable AppMonMemUsageWarn in the Manage Registry Variables dashboard and set the global value to your desired amount so it can be referenced by the rule in the conditional statement.
NOTE: If you choose to use the Critical & Fatal conditions, create registry variables for those as well and set their respective values.
3) Select your copied rule in Manage Rules to perform your edits.
Here is an example edit of the Warning Condition:
#Percent_Memory# >= registry(AppMonMemUsageWarn)
4) While on the Warning tab, select the Severity Level Variables (SLV) tab to define a SLV to reference the #Percent_Memory# value. This will be referenced in the Agent Messages & Email Text.
ie. SLV MemUsage will be defined as an Expression SLV and the Expression/Message is #Percent_Memory#
If you choose to use the Critical & Fatal Conditions, you will repeat this definition in both conditions.
5) Edit the Subject & Text SLVs so they make sense for your memory usage messages.
6) Save your changes.
7) Perform similar changes on Normal, Critical, Fatal tabs as desired.