Slow response times from vWorkspace Management console, coupled with frequent error popup messages using web-it interface.Also,access to licensing information may give timeout errors.
Unresponsive SQL server or vWorkspace SQL database. vWorkspace SQL database uses Full recovery model and transaction log file (LDF) is too big.
This could be an issue with the size/ health of the SQL Database.
If and when at all possible the customer should work with their DBA to address and SQL related concerns. Below are steps that have resolved this issue in the past, however the customer should consult with a DBA or Microsoft for any additional concerns or assistance with SQL DB Management.
** As per step 1, please ensure that there is a recent back up of the SQL vWorkspace DB.
1. Access your SQL server and backup vWorkspace SQL database
2. Open SQL Enterprise Management Studio
3. Expand list of databases, right-click vWorkspace SQL database and choose Properties
4. Select Options
5. Click drop-down menu at Recovery Model and choose Simple
6. Click OK and itll close Properties dialog window
7. Right-click vWorkspace database, hover mouse on Tasks>, then on Shrink> and select Files
8. Choose Log in File Type drop-down list and perform Shrink operation
Warning: it may take a while to commit transactions to the database, depending of database and log sizes and SQL servers performance
9. Test responsiveness of Web-IT/vWorkspace Management console
vWorkspace SQL database does not require Full recovery model. Simple model relies on circular logging of 5 last transactions and should be used for vWorkspace.