How to add the Oracle instance name in Oracle Invalid Objects outbound message email alarm?
Here are the changes that werevalidated on atest system to display the SID name in the email alert messages. This is all predicated on if you have the SID name part of the actual Oracle agent name. Basically it will return whatever is the name of the Oracle Agent which typically includes the SID name.
The following changes need to be made:
Edit the Ora Invalid Objects Rule by accessing from the Web console:
1. Administration | Rules & Notifications | Manage Rules.
2. Filter by rule Name Ora_Invalid and click on Rule name.
3. Click on Conditions, Alarms & Actions tab.
4. Click on the Warning Condition/click on Severity Level Variables Tab.
Add another Variable Such as Var 4 and define it as scope.get(monitoringAgent/agentInstance) by doing the following
1. Leave the Type as expression and add variable name such as var4 in the Name box.
2. Define it as scope.get(monitoringAgent/agentInstance) in the Expression/Message box and click Add.
3. Next in the Severity Level Variables click on Text2.
4. Add var4 to the message for example.
Oracle: On @var4 @var1 has @var2 invalid object(s). Please use the following URL to obtain alarm details. @foglight_rule_alarm_link
Once this is done, save the changes.
If you have an alert in the console clear it and recycle the agent to trigger the alert if its currently in the state to meet the criteria.