To resolve this issue check the following:
- Can the VDI computer PING the Connection Broker server? (Start | Run | ping )
- Can the Connection Broker server TELNET to the VDI computer on port 5203? (Start | Run | telnet port)
- Is the 'Quest Data Collector' service installed on the VDI computer?
- Is the 'Quest Data Collector' service started on the VDI Computer?
- Is the Windows Firewall enabled?
Note: Disabling the Windows firewall is not recommended, however, you may want to do this for testing purposes only
- Adding a 'Program' exclusion to the Windows Firewall for the file "\WINDOWS\system32\pndcsvc.exe" is another option
- Adding a 'Port' exclusion to the Windows Firewall for TCP Port 5203 is a more secure way of doing this as the Data Collector will always listen on this port
For information or assistance regarding how to make changes to the Windows Firewall please consult Microsoft Technical Documentation or Support Services.