Getting error "Unable to connect to Performance Analysis Agent" when trying to connect from the Performance Analysis GUI.
When clicking on the connection details, the following error message appears:
Connection was reset by the remote host Extended Information: Message: Error reported by function Connect.
Component Class: TSCSourceConnection
Error Code: -100107 = Connection was reset by the remote host
Please see solutions that relate to the error message "Error Code: -100107 = Connection was reset by the remote host".
If those do not resolve your issue then the problem may be corruption of the Stored Procedure files within the PA Agent data directory on the middleware machine. The following steps can be used to remove the corrupted files and PA will generate the files anew:
1. Stop the QAM Launcher service on the middleware tier.
2. On the middleware machine, navigate to the directory: <install dir>\pa_agent\<port>\agents\SC_MSSQL\data\<host-instance>\
3. Rename (recommended) or delete the Stored_Procedure.indx and Stored_Procedure.data files.
4. Start the QAM Launcher service on the middleware tier. After restarting the QAM Launcher service, PA will re-create the Stored_Procedure.indx and Stored_Procedure.data files.
5. Launch the PA GUI thick client and connect to the instance to verify it is working.
If after doing the above, you still cannot connect then please create a case with Quest Support.
Note: In step 2 <host-instance> is the monitored server name and monitored instance name (ie named or default) - for cluster install host will be the machine name of the active node at the time of agent install.