Upgrade path from Virtual Access Suit 5.x to vWorkspace 6.x
Have6.x installation CD/network path and the latest Hotfix (if available).
*Disregard Hyper-V lines if you not using 2008 Hyper-V servers.
1. Upgrade Connection Brokers first and upgrade the database (backup database before, uncheck caching)
2. Upgrade Terminal Server(s)
3. Upgrade MetaProfiles Server(s)
4. Upgrade Network Print-IT Server(s)
5. Upgrade Web-IT/Secure-IT/Password Management services. Folder c:\inetpub\wwwroot\provision\web-it\clients files are not replaced with new clients versions, so replace them manually (available for download fromwww.vworkspace.comwebsite)
6. Upgrade Hyper-V Broker Helper Service
7. Apply Hotfix to all servers.Replace clients as specified in p.5
8. Uninstall PNTools from VDI Machines. Warning: attempt to upgrade PNtools from 5.x to 6.x version will result in unbootable VDI machine. Remove PNtools, make sure that VDI machine(s) is/are accessible by MSTSC after rebooting.
9. Install v6.x PNTools to VDI Machines
10. Upgrade Provision AppPortal client with new Quest vWorkspace Client (make sure that AppPortal in not running in DesktopIntegrated-mode as you may get mix of two clients). Manually remove older clients before installing new ones.