How to move Quest Migration Manager for Exchange (QMM for Ex) and Exchange Migration Wizard (EMW) agent location to another drive in an Exchange CCR and/or SCR clustered environment?
IMPORTANT: EMW CCR (Cluster Continuous Replication) or SCC (Shared Copy Clusters) installed upon Windows 2008 or 2008 R2 are not supported in any way.
NOTE: Migration Manager 8.8 and above DOES NOT SUPPORT installing agents on clusters. Use of an agent host server is required when dealing with clustered servers.
To move the Migration Manager for Exchange (QMM) agents to another drive:
1. Stop all of the QMM agents on the server
For Migration Manager 8.61 and below -- 2. In the Project Manager management tree, right-click the server from which the agents are to be moved and select the Uninstall Service command for each of the agents installed on that server.
For Migration Manager 8.7 and above -- 2. Select Agent Management > select the Agent host that contains the agents to move > in the Pane below (Containing the list of agents installed on this host), right click the agent to work with and select "service Uninstall"
3. Un-Share the Shared installation locations on each Node QMMEXNode$
4. Copy the Aelita Exchange Migration Wizard folder from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (or from any other location, if a non-default location was used) to the disk where there is more space for the the Aelita Exchange Migration Wizard folder. (Note that both nodes need to be relocated).
5. Copy the following files from the root of the drive where the agents were originally located to the root of the drive where the share is now located.
For the mail synchronization agents - EMWST.DAT
For the Public Folder synchronization agents - EMWSTP.DAT
For the Calendar synchronization agent - EMWSCSA.DAT, if there is a two-way sync then there is a second file - EMWTCSA.DAT
6. Delete the original Aelita Exchange Migration Wizard folders once it is working OK.
7. Share the copied Aelita Exchange Migration Wizard folder as QMMEXNode$ on each copy of the shared folders.
Note: Check the permissions of the share as in Windows 2003 and above the default permission is Read and the agents will need Full access.
8. Re-install all the services for the agents that were previously running on this server.
9. Start all Migration Manager agents and monitor the respective log files to make sure the agents are running properly after re-installation.