Trying to install Toad for Data Analysts. After the welcome installation wizard screen, it just disappears and nothing else happens. The installation stops. I tried installing from the download site as well as the CD, but none of them worked. I have Windows Vista Business SP1.
Perform a Silent Install of Toad for Data Analysts. See steps below:
1. Place the TDA installation file i.e. "Toad for Data Analysts_188.8.131.52.exe" in your root C: drive.
2. Go to Start | Run | type "CMD" to open a Command Prompt Window.
3. Type "cd\" to bring your command prompt to "C:>".
4. Type "<Toad_for_Data_Analysts_install_filename.exe>" /S /L*v "TDALog.txt".
Example: "Toad for Data Analysts_184.108.40.206.exe" /S /L*v "TDALog.txt"
(Include the double quotes)
5. The Silent Installation will start.
NOTE: This can take several minutes. No progress indicators will be shown so please be patient. In the end, a TDA shortcut will be placed in your Desktop and the TDA Start Menu shortcuts will be created.
Turn Off the Windows 7 UAC (User Account Control):
1) Go to Windows Start menu | under the Search field | type: UAC
2) Move the slider bar to the lowest (disable notifications or never notify)
3) Restart computer
4) Try the installation again
5) If you prefer, turn the UAC back to its previous setting after the installation.