How to configure Foglight Management Server (FMS) to generate an alert if the data feed from Foglight Experience Monitor (FxM) or Foglight Experience Viewer (FxV) gets cut off.
1. In the FMS go to 'Administration' | 'Rules & Notifications' | 'Manage Rules'
2. Click the 'Add Rule' button.
3. Refer to attached RuleDefinition.jpg. Set up the Rule Definition to be on FxMSystemHealthResult. Make it 'Time Driven'. Check 'Enable Trigger Without Data'.
4. Click the 'Save' button.
5. In the 'Conditions' tab, write in the Query Language Scripting just as in Conditions.jpg. Check the 'Activate' checkbox.
6. Click the 'Save All' button.
7. Refer to attached Behavior.jpg. Set up the Behavior to be like that shown in Behavior.jpg.
8. Click the 'Save All' button.
If the data flow coming from FxM ever stops, you will get an alert, like in the screenshot alert_triggered.jpg.
For FxV, see attached FxV-FMS Metric Check Rule.pdf