Removing High Security Compliance Agents for ChangeAuditor or SecurityManager.
When the "NetPro Compliance Agent Security Service.msi" is installed, the software replicates through the entire forest. This makes removing the High Security Compliance Agents difficult.
1. Add the user account that will be uninstalling the agents to the "NetProQuest Compliance Administrator" group and also the Product Administrator group (ChangeAuditor and Security Manager). Then logout and log back in.
2. Go to Add Remove Programs on the Repository/Inspector server.
3. Uninstall the agent security service
4. Check ADSIedit to make sure the SCP(Service Connection Point) is removed.
(Please read Additional Information for ADSIedit Disclaimer)
5. Run the agent deployment wizard and remove all agents
6. Delete the "NetProQuest Compliance Administrator" group
7. Reinstall all the agents
Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of objects using ADSI Edit.
The following statement about ADSI Edit was taken directly from Microsoft:
Warning: If you use the ADSI Edit snap-in, the LDP utility, or any other LDAP version 3 client, and you incorrectly modify the attributes of Active Directory objects, you can cause serious problems. These problems may require you to reinstall Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, or both Windows and Exchange. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems that occur if you incorrectly modify Active Directory object attributes can be solved. Modify these attributes at your own risk.