How do Imove the Performance Analysis for Oracle (PAO) collector agent to a new filesystem location?
1. Backup the short-term history (not necessary if you have a repository):
a) Stop the agent on both the Monitored Host and Middleware
b) On the Middleware backup the original
<installation root>/agents/StealthCollect/6.0/<HOST-SID>/quest_sc_mw/data/ directory to a temporary directory (outside of PA installation directory).
c) Restart the agent on both tiers.
2. Run the local server installer on the monitored host and select uninstall. When prompted, make sure you do not select the option to delete the repository data if you wish to maintain the existing history. This step will also remove the middleware component for this instance as well.
3. Run the local server installer on the monitored host and specify the new path where it is to be installed. When prompted for the repository database, point it at the existing repository and it will re-use it. No data will be lost.
4. Test the installation by connecting using the Performance Analysis GUI.
5. Restore short-term history (not necessary if you have a repository):
a) Stop the agent processes on the target Middleware machine.
b) From <installation_root>/agents/StealthCollect/6.0/<HOST-SID>/quest_sc_mw/data
Remove the following files and Folders
Leave all other files not mentioned in the list above untouched.
c) From the backup directory created in step 1, copy the following files and directories into the Target Middleware machine <installation root>/agents/StealthCollect/6.0/<HOST-SID>/quest_sc_mw/data
d) Restart the agent processes on the target Middleware machine.