When I start FxM (Foglight experience monitor) hardware, I got error said The battery hardware is missing or malfunctioning, or the battery is unplugged, or the battery could be fully discharged. If you continue to boot the system, the battery-back cache will not function. If battery is connected and has been allowed to charge for 30 minutes and this message continues to appear, then contact technical support for assistance
However. the battery is fully charged but we still get this error.
A bug on DELL hardware firmware
Upgrade DELL firmware, The Dell 2950 PowerEdge server has several upgradable components including the Baseboard Management Controller, the Remote Access Controller, the System BIOS, and the RAID controller. Dell periodically releases critical updates and patches for these components. To ensure that the appliance is up to date throughout its lifecycle, follow the procedure below.
1. Browse to the Dell Drivers and Downloads page for Suse Linux ES 10.
2. Select Systems Management and download the following iso images:
. Dell Systems Build and Update Utility (Bootable CD)
. Dell Server Updates (DVD - Firmware Updates Repository)
3. Burn the Dell Systems Build and Update Utility to a CD. Burn the Dell Server Updates image to a DVD.
4. Insert the Dell Systems Build and Update Utility cd into the disk drive on the appliance. Reboot the machine.
5. When the menu above appears, select Dell Systems Build and Update Utility and allow the system to boot. This may take several minutes
6. When the Dell Systems Build and Update Utility Screen appears, select Firmware Update.
7. On the Repository Selection screen, ensure that CD/DVD ROM is selected. Insert the Dell Server Updates DVD and select Continue. The system will read the contents of the Server Updates disk and will compare it to the firmware installed on the appliance.
8. The system will shows the BIOS and the Baseboard Management Controller have updates available. Click continue to install the updates.
Note, the firmware installation process can take up to 10 minutes to complete. While the update is occurring, the system fans may begin to spin very rapidly. This is normal.