No Foglight Experience Monitor (FxM) data is showing up in our Foglight Management Server (FMS). In the FMS we're looking under 'Dashboards' | 'End User' | 'FxM' | 'FxM System Health'. We know that this should always be showing data, even if we haven't configured FxM-specific dashboards in the FMS.
We've followed the FxM/FMS integration documentation and haven't missed any steps. We're seeing the below in FMS log:
2008-06-05 23:37:02.906 WARN [Data-1-thread-2] com.quest.nitro.service.data.DataService - Discarded value of observation "MeanAvailability" on topology object "ServerStats www.website" (8f816649-59e4-41aa-9279-5c49b0a9ddf6) because its timestamp is very different from that of the management server. Remote: 6/5/08 7:29 PM, local: 6/5/08 11:37 PM. Please ensure that the system time on the fxmsrv01 host is synchronized with the management server time.
The FMS will reject the data from the FxM appliance if the timestamps are too different from one another. This could easily occur if the timezone on FxM has not been set up correctly. It could also happen if the time itself on FxM has not been set up correctly.
A. Make sure that the time is correct on the FMS. If not, correct it.
B. Verify the FxM timezone setting and FxM time setting
1. Log in to the FxM web console UI
2. Note the time and timezone that appear near the top middle of each page (just below the menu bar)
C. Reconfigure the time and/or timezone (if they were not already set correctly)
1. Log into the FxM command line Console Program.
2. From the main menu choose '2) System time Configuration'
3. Choose option '3) Change time zone'. You will now be in the blue screen that shows different available timezones.
4. Set the timezone to be correct for the location of the FxM machine
5. Save and exit
6. Choose option '2) Change Time'
7. Set the time to be correct for the location of the FxM machine
8. Save and exit
The FxM agent gets its time information from the appliance. The timezones can be different, but the appliance and FMS must both be set to the correct time for their timezone.