When attempting to connect with the Performance Analysis client (GUI), the following error message is displayed:
Could not connect to the agent on specified port (<host-sid>:<port>)
1) Agent is not installed on the specified host.
2) Agent is installed, but the 'QAM Launcher 3566' service is not running.
3) Agent is installed and running, but cannot be reached (ping / telnet) from the PC where the Performance Analysis client is installed.
4) The Agent is installed and running, but the incorrect port is entered in the Performance Analysis connection profile. For example, agents are installed and running on port 3568, but the port selected in the connection profile is the default port 3566.
5) The wrong instance (default instance instead of named instance) was chosen for the connection.
6) The install was performed on the collector host but middleware component was selected rather than collector component.