How to move (migrate) the MessageStats database to a new location.
The MessageStats database can be moved to a new location by creating a backup of the database and restoring that backup to the new location.
To backup the MessageStats database:
1. Start SQL Enterprise Manager on the source computer.
2. Expand the Databases node in the treeview.
3. Right-click on the MessageStats database and select All Tasks | Backup Database.
4. Under the Destination section of the Backup Database window, click the Add button.
5. Choose a name for the MessageStats database backup (i.e. MessageStatsDb.bak) in the File name field.
6. Ensure the 'Overwrite Media' option is set, in the Overwrite section of the backup window and click OK.
To ensure that security is properly set on the new SQL server computer, run a MessageStats Database Only install on the new SQL server computer, so that the appropriate NT groups and database roles get created.
To restore the MessageStats database from a backup:
1. Start SQL Enterprise Manager on the destination computer.
2. Right-click on the Databases node in the treeview and select All Tasks | Restore Database.
3. Type MessageStats in the 'Restore as database' field on the Restore Database window.
4. Under the Restore section of the Backup Database window, choose the 'From device' option.
5. Click on the Select Devices button.
6. Click the Add button and select the backup file that was just created in the backup process outlined above.
7. Click OK a few times to return to the Restore Database window.
8. Click OK on the Restore Database window to restore the database.
To ensure that the security is properly setup on the IIS Server, open Regedit and edit the HKLM\Software\Quest Software\MessageStats\Client DB key to reflect the new SQL Server Computer Name.
To ensure that the MessageStats Console will connect to the new SQL Server, edit the MessageStats.ini file in Program Files\Quest Software\MessageStats to reflect the new SQL Server Computer Name.