Instructions in this solution will aid to deliver timely turnaround and quailified support for ITEX cases
Below is the list of steps that are advised to be made before ITEX case is logged with Quest support or escalated to development team:
1. Detailed description of the problem.
2. Steps to reproduce the issue.
3. ITEX build number.
4. Versions of OS and Exchange server.
5. Is MS Exchange clustered?
6. Are domain contoller and MS Exchange running on the same server?
7. Is any antivirus software likeTrendMicro ScanMail running on the ITEX computer?
8. Any virtualization sofrware used (VmWare, etc)?
9. Name of the company. Is it lab or production?
10. Send eventlogs - application, system, ITEX for the interval when problem was being observed.
11. Send dumps files if any (store dumps, itex dumps, drwatson dumps etc).
12. Send debug logs generated by ITEX plug-in. Refer to solution https://support.quest.com/SUPPORT/index?page=solution&id=SOL35949 for instructions explaining how to enable debug logging for ITEX.
13. If problem is related to deployment - what was the type of deployment - manual or automatic.