MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_RESOURCES errors logged in the MSA log every time an attempt is made to log on to the System Attendant mailbox, such as the following:
09.04.2008 09:49:34 CSession::Logon TraceMsg 4800 Logging on to the mailbox '/O=Org/OU=Site/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=SERVER/cn=Microsoft System Attendant' (Server: 'SERVER', user: 'DOMAIN\qmmex').
09.04.2008 09:49:34 CAddrEntries::Count Error -2147221234 There are not enough system resources available to complete this operation. Contact your system administrator if this condition persists. - MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_RESOURCES (Microsoft Exchange Address Book) Low level error: 0x0 File: 'mapitable.cpp' Line: '209'
No mailboxes are ever processed.
The exact cause is not fully known, but appears to be related to the DL (Distribution List) that was used to populate the synch job and GC (Global Catalog) used to resolve DL membership.
Based on the previous records removing mailboxes residing on source Exchange server other than where MSA is running from mail collection fixed the problem.
1. Right click on this Exchange server and do refresh.
2. Please check DL membership and ensure that all the mailboxes in such DL reside on this source Exchange server where MSA (Mail Source Agent) is running.
This error was also encountered in the past where the GC (Global Catalog) MSA is pointing to cannot resolve the members of the collection it's referencing.
1. Please ensure that source AD has had no replication issues.
2. Validate that from the GC MSA is pointed to, you can see the members of the collection properly.
3. In QMM project manager right click on this server under Source Exchange organization topology and point to the different DC via Associated DC page.
If nothing helps please consider adding mailboxes to the collection using the following alternative methods:
1. Based on the AD account OU membership. Please navigate to collection Properties | Members and click "Add Container". Select OU on the "Scope" TAB.
2. Based on the source Exchange server mailbox store. Please navigate to collection Properties | Members and click "Add Container". Switch to the "Storage" TAB and select required mailbox store on the drop down list.
3. Based on the LDAP query. Please navigate to collection Properties | Members and click "Add Container". Switch to the "Advanced" TAB, click EDIT and build the required LDAP filter for collection membership selection.