The following error appears when installing Toad for Oracle on Windows XP:
Exception EOleSysError in module QI.exe at 00098D9D.
ClassFactory cannot supply requested class.
This is likely to be an environment related / machine specific issue.
Try the following procedure to resolve this error during installation:
- Uninstall all Quest products by going to Start | All Programs | Quest Software | Quest Installer | Quest Installer - select Uninstall a product and choose all the products
- Uninstall the Quest Installer itself by going to Start | All Programs | Quest Software | Quest Installer | Uninstall Quest Installer
- Double check and remove all residuals (programs just uninstalled) from Windows Explorer in Drive:\Program Files\Quest Software.
- Rename all programs listed under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Quest Shared.
- Rename C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Quest Software.
Then run the Toad commercial installer again.
The idea is to remove all installations done using the Quest Installer and the Installer itself, and do a fresh install of Toad.
Ensure Internet Explorer is installed on the machine.