I regularly drill into issues under PA history when evaluating an Oracle performance issue. Once I find the problem I execute a report of the problem metrics. At this point I need to save the report as a PDF file and then forward to management.
How do I save a report as a PDF file?
1. In the Summary section of the Report Wizard, select the Print Report option
2. Then click Finish
3. When the Print dialog opens, select "Quest Software PDF generator" in the Printer section of the dialog
4. In the Print to File section of the dialog, click the "Print to File" checkbox
5. In the Type field of the Print dialog, select PDF File from the drop-down menu (or another file format of your choice)
6. In the Where field of the Print dialog, enter a destination to save the report
7. Click OK
Note: if the "Print Report on Screen" option was selected, the report preview will display. To save the preview as a file, click the Print icon on the left right corner of the report preview. This will launch the Print dialog mentioned above and the same steps apply (ie select Print to File and enter a file type and destination)
Note: Enhancement request CR0231464 has been raised to change the "Print Report " option to "Print or Save Report" and add a "Save to Disk" icon on the Print Preview page