How do you change the default locations for the DSA log file; log file archive or the DSA associated dumps to another drive or folder.
The registry keys for these items are as follows:
LogFileName - DSA log file name and location
MiniDumpPath - DSA dump location
LogArchivePath - DSA log archive location
To change the default location of the logs or archive, please perform the following procedure:
1. stop DSA using the QMM console.
2. on the computer where DSA is installed stop all Quest* services.
3. Start registry editor.
4. browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AeDSALogSrv_DSA_Server_Name\Config
5. set "LogArchivePath" value as desired.
6. start all Quest services except controller and activation.
7. start DSA using the QMM console.
Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 "Description of the Microsoft Windows registry": http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=256986.