When changing the Server name of the machine hosting Unified Communications Analytics (UCA), you get the following error when trying to open the UC-Analytics Website:
"Application failed to Start"
The UC.Analytics.Insights.DataEngineService.log will have similar to the following(UCA_ServerName is the name of your Server):
1. Stop the 3 UC Analytics Services (Data Engine, Query Engine, Storage Engine) from Services.msc
Note: Reminder, only update the Server names for the server name that was changed. Pay close attention to what server names you're editing in the configuration files. If you have a Distributed Deployment (more then 1 server), you may notice other server names that do not need to be updated.
2. Edit the following .config files referenced below and replace any old server names with the new server name.
- C:\Program Files\Quest\UC Analytics\Web Site
- C:\Program Files\Quest\UC Analytics\Configuration
- C:\Program Files\Quest\UC Analytics\Storage Engine\conf
3. Open Regedit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\UC Analytics
4. Update the value for PrimaryDataEngineServerName to be the correct new Server Name.
5. Perform an IISreset from Command Prompt on the UCA machine and Start each of the UC Analytics Data Engine, Query Engine and Storage Engine services.
Note: If the Storage Engine stops shortly after being started, additional logging details can be found in the following logs:
You may notice issues with the CommitLog's in the system.log file after starting the Storage Engine: