To install a single SQL Server or Oracle agent:
- On the Foglight navigation panel, click Homes | Databases
- Click Monitor | < DB Type> in the upper left corner of the Databases View.
The Monitor Instance dialog box appears.
- Choose the agent manager on which the agent is running. The default is the agent manager with the least agents installed.
- On the Monitor Instance pane, provide connection details.
- Select an Alarm Sensitivity Level to determine what level of alarms the system stores and displays for this instance.
- Optional SQL PI- In the Monitoring Extensions pane, click the SQL PI monitoring extension. You are prompted to choose the Agent Manager on which the SQL PI repository is installed.
- Optional OS. In the Monitoring Extensions pane, click the Operating System link. To configure the extension, choose the connection details of the host on which the SQL Server instance is running.
- Optional VM. In the Monitoring Extensions pane, click Collect VM statistics. To configure the extension, select the connection details of the vCenter® or ESX® on which the SQL Server instance is running.
- Click Monitor.