Please refer to KB 262094 for a video on adding user defined collections to database agents.
To add user-defined collections:
- Click Add
The Add a User-defined Collection dialog box appears.
- Click Set details.
The Set Collection Details dialog box appears.
- Enter a name in the Collection name field.
- Enter a brief description of the collection in the Collection description field (optional).
- Paste the query’s SQL text in the Query Text field.
Note This field can hold up to 4096 characters.
- Type a value, in seconds, in the Query Timeout field.
- Click Verify.
The collection is verified by running the query on each of the currently selected agents. After the verification process is complete, the Verification Results pop-up appears, indicating whether the collection was verified successfully. In case the collection verification failed, the relevant error message is displayed. If the verification succeeded on at least one agent, the
collection’s details are displayed on the table detailed below.
- The Edit Sampling Frequencies section allows you to change sampling frequencies. Click on the required frequency.
The Edit Frequencies for the Collection dialog box appears.
- Enter the required changes.
- Click Set.
- Click OK.
NOTE: After adding the collection by clicking OK, you will not be able to make any changes except for modifying the collection frequencies and enabling or disabling the collection.