If the postgres user password is not known at all then please find attached a video solution showing how to change the password using pgadmin3.exe.
If you already know the postgres user password you had given at installation, then please use the below procedure to easily resolve this by changing the postgres user password using the nvpgdbpasswd command:
To change the NVBU server hostname while the postgres user password is known:
- Change the machine hostname out of the backup window
- Stop the NetVault Process Manager service
- Open a command prompt as Administrator
- cd to ..\NetVault Backup\utilI
- Type this command: nvpgdbpasswd.exe change <old_postgres_password> <new_postgres_password>
You should get confirmation that the password was successfully changed.
- Restart NVBU
- Log to the Web Ui and you will notice it will go in Safe Mode
- In the Safe Mode Page, click to select the error: "Cannot connect to database 'netvault_auditing'
- Now click the FIX button, you should get confirmation that all connections to the databases are OK
- Still on the same page now click on the link "restarting NetVault"
You should get confirmation the NetVault service has been successfully restarted.
- You can now log in back to the Web UI as normal.