How can I see what code Toad is running in the background when performing a particular task?
The SQL Monitor application will record the code that is being run in the background of Toad. Here are instructions how to launch and use SQL Monitor:
1. For versions 8.x and below: Click the dropdown arrow on the "Configure\Execute External Tools" Icon in the main toolbar of Toad.*
For versions 9.x and above: Select Database | Monitor | SQL Monitor menu option
2. Put a check in the box next to Toad.exe.
3. Go into Toad and perform the desired task to be monitored.
4. Go back to SQL Monitor to view output.
* If SQL Monitor is not in the list then follow the below instructions:
a. Select Configure
b. Select "Auto Add"
c. Highlight SQL Monitor and click OK.
d. Choose Close.
e. Start over at step #1 above.