How to install just the Graphical User Interface (GUI) Client Tools for LiteSpeed?
Engine only has been installed or user wishes to monitor LiteSpeed activtiy from a workstation without installing the Engine.
1. Double-click the LiteSpeed.msi file. This file may be downloaded from SupportLink on the Quest website.
2. On the Custom Setup, select the desired options to install.
- Help File and release notes (these are always installed and cannot be deselected)
- Client tools - these are the graphical user interfaces for LiteSpeed. There are two client tools available, Management Console - an MMC-based GUI to access LiteSpeed Enterprise Console and Engine - the LiteSpeed engine provides all the functionality of LiteSpeed.
- SQL Query Analyzer templates installs templates for common LiteSpeed 2005 functions for use in Query Analyzer.
3. Specify folder locationto install LiteSpeed. Accept the default location or choose Change... to select a different installation location.
A license key is not required for the Client Tools. The server wherethe SQL Server databases reside, which will be backed up using LiteSpeed, must be licensed.