Toad hangs and is not responsive when a procedure or package is loaded into the the Procedure Editor.
There is a background running SQL statement that is taking a long time to execute.
To troubleshoot this problem, try configuring some optimizer hints in the Toad options to speed up the query. Please follow these steps to configure the optimizer hints.
1. In Toad go to View | Toad Options | Oracle - Optimizer Hints.
2. On the right, from the "All Others" drop down menu. Select the "/*+CHOOSE*/" hint and click Apply, then click OK to accept the changes.
3. Close Toad and then re-open and re-log on to the database.
4. Open a new Schema Browser and try loading a package into the Procedure Editor, if it still takes a long time, go back to View | Toad Options | Oracle - Optimizer Hints and try the next optimizer hint. (/*+RULE*/, /*+FIRST_ROWS*/, etc.)
5. Each time a new Optimizer hint is selected, restart Toad again and then open a new Schema Browser and try loading the same package into the Procedure Editor.