When performing a new install of TOAD, as opposed to an upgrade, how do I migrate TOAD for Oracle settings to other computers?
1. In the TOAD for Oracle that you want to migrate the settings from, go to the following directory.
C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\User Files
Note: This is the default directory for TOAD for Oracle versions 8.5 through 9.6.1. If you set up a different directory during install, go there.
2. Copy the TOAD.ini, Connections.ini, Connectionpwds.ini, and SavedSQL.xmlfiles from here and pastethem in the User Files folder for the Toadthat you want to migrate the settings to.
Note: The Connectionpwds.ini file did not exist prior to the 9.0 version and the SavedSQL.xml file was changed to the SavedSQL.dat file in version 9.6 and after. The newer versions will automatically create the Connectionpwds.ini from the Connections.ini file and the SavedSQL.dat file from the SavedSQL.xml file when they are placed in thenew User Files directory and Toad is launched for the first time.
3. The entireC:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\User Files directory can be saved from your older version of Toad, in case you want other setting files from it. The ones listed above are the major files that takes care of most users.
For further details on the Option configuration files, consult the Help | Contents section.
The User Files directory moved locations as of version 9.7.
The User Files director is located in the C:\Documents and Settings\<Profile_Name>\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\x.x directory in 9.7 and versions after it.
If the Database connections and password fail to migrate over:
1.Reset the current User files folder to USER FILES.old. Re-start Toad 10 it should prompt them to migrate the settings.
1. Start Toad 9.7(or higher)and confirm that thecheckmark Save Passwords box in the log on screen is ticked.
2. Connect to at least one database and then fully exit Toad. (This needs to be done to ensure that thethe Save passwords optionis set. If this is not done, Toad 9.7 (or higher)will automatically remove all the passwords being migrated from the steps below.)
3. Close Toad
4. Located CONNECTIONS.INI and CONNECTIONPWDS.INI file in C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\User Files from previous Toad version (9.0-9.6)
5. Copy and paste these files to the C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\<version #>\User Files folder
6. Start Toad 9.7 (or higher) and one should be able to seethe connections list and the saved passwords.