Ideally the user should be local Account Administrator or Domain account Administrator, also require WinRM, DCOM or WMI permissions.
Ports used by the FMS (121594)
- Linux Host Ports: 22, 23, 80, 443, 4448, *8080 and 8443
- Windows Host Ports: 22, 23, 80, 443, 445, 593, 1432, 1433, 1434 , 4448, *8080 and 8443
WinRM Connection Ports
WinRM uses a set of default ports for communication. Depending on the WinRM version, the following port numbers are used:
- WinRM 1.1 and earlier: The default HTTP port is 80, and the default HTTPS port is 443.
- WinRM 2.0 and later: The default HTTP port is 5985, and the default HTTPS port is 5986.
WMI Connection Ports
- TCP Port 135 (DCE/RPC Locator service, WindowsShellService, WMIConnectionService)
- Either a dynamic range of ports TCP port or a static port
- Dynamic range: Microsoft's default range of ports or this can be configured to a smaller range of ports.
- Static port: Please refer to KB 114559 for details how to set up a fix WMI port in Windows.
Additional links from the Foglight Agent Manager guide
Knowledge base articles:
- Setting up WMI on host machines (102431)
- What ports need to be opened on a firewall for Foglight for database agents? (85747)
- Configuring Windows Remote Management (WinRM) using winrm quickconfig (238657)