- Back up your DAConfiguration and DAReporting databases using SQL Management Studio. Copy the databases over to the new server you wish to install Desktop Authority on. (Database location can be found by clicking File, Edit Global System Settings.)
- Export Desktop Authority child and parent profiles separately by right clicking and choosing export. (This will serve as an extra copy of your configuration settings.)
- Browse to c:\Program Files\ScriptLogic Manager or c:\Program Files(x86)\ScriptLogic Manger for a 64-bit server. Save a copy of the register.ini file and copy over to the new Desktop Authority Server.
- Confirm the credentials for the ScriptLogic Service in Server Manager by right clicking on it and choosing “Configure.”
- Confirm the credentials of the Desktop Authority Ops Master Service in Windows Services.
·Since this is a migration, the new server must be logged into the same domain as the original server. Please make sure that the user logged in to perform the install on the destination server is a super user of the original install. If this isn't the case, the user may not have the proper permissions to run the manager after the migration is complete.
·Also, the OpsMaster Service should be installed with the same account that was used in the original Desktop Authority installation. This will ensure that no permission related issues are introduced in your migrated environment.
Perform a clean install of Desktop Authority 8.x on your new server. During the installation you can point to the databases you backed up and copied over or let DA create new ones and use SQL Management Studio to restore later.
Post Installation Steps:
- After installing and restoring databases verify that you have your profiles and that everything looks correct.
- If you did not browse to your register.ini file during installation go to Help, Product Registration, and then browse to wherever you saved the register.ini file and import it.
- If everything looks correct. Go to File, Save Changes. Do NOT replicate yet.
- Reboot the server and check everything one last time.
- In Server Manager choose Discover to find your domain controllers.
- Install the ScriptLogic Service to each domain controller. (If it appears to be installed already you will need to remove it and install again since Desktop Authority is on a new server. Failing to do this could result in Global Variable Definition or Profile List Not Correctly Signed as the signature applied to the services and files is unique to each manager install.)
- Under Profiles, Logging Object; verify the log path is correct. You will need to do this for each profile.
- Disable the Desktop Authority OpsMaster Service on the old DA server.
- Then on the new DA Server go to File, Queue update of client files, save, and replicate all files.
- Log onto a client workstation to test for errors.