If the database is new and can be deleted:
- Uninstall the Change Auditor Coordinator.
- Delete the ChangeAuditor database.
- Re-install the Change Auditor Coordinator using the Installation name of your choice.
Once the Coordinator has restarted and the Coordinator log says the Coordinator is intialized, re-connect the Client.
If the database cannot be deleted:
-Locate the Coordinator Trace Log Document, ChangeAuditor.Service.exe.nptlog, located in the default location C:\Program Files\questChangeAuditor\Service.
- Open the file and then using the key combo CTRL & F, type 'installation' into the search dialogue box.
- Next use the key combo CTRL & H to sort the log. If present note the 'This coordinator belongs to installation name: 'xxxxxxx'.
- Use that name when re-installing the Coordinator.
If the the Coordinator log does not have the line then the other option is to look at the ChangeAuditor database on the SQL Server.
on the SQL Server, open SQL Server Management Studio, locate and expand the ChangeAuditor database. Expand the Tables and locate the dbo.SystemProperty table. Right click and run the 'Select top 1000 rows'. In the result look for the PropKey 'Installation Name" and use that name when re-installing the Coordinator.