These steps can be used to upgrade RMAD from 8.2, 8.2, 8.2.1, 8.5.1, 8.5.2 and 8.6.1, 8.6.3, 8.6.4. Please note, there is no direct upgrade path from 8.6.0 as there are installation and upgrade issues with 8.6.0 If you are using 8.6.0 it needs to be uninstalled and then install the latest release.
- Download the latest release of Recovery Manager for AD (RMAD or RMADFE):
RMAD - https://support.quest.com/recovery-manager-for-ad
RMADFE - https://support.quest.com/recovery-manager-for-ad-forest-edition
- Make a backup of the below two files (If you have an Recovery Manager for AD version prior to 9.0, any folder/registry paths referenced may contain the non-Quest branded path instead of ‘Quest’):
C:\ProgramData\Quest\Recovery Manager for Active Directory\Backups.mdb
C:\ProgramData\QuestRecovery Manager for Active Directory\ERDiskAD.mdb
Note: If upgrading RMADFE, it is recommended to have a backup of the forest recovery project file and SQL DBs as well.
- Install the lastest release on top of the existing RMAD installation.
Note: If upgrading RMADFE, make sure to open the forest recovery project prior to moving on to the next version in the upgrade process, as the project file may need to be updated.
Note: If upgrading RMADFE, make sure to open the forest recovery project as the project file may need to be updated.
- If using preinstalled backup agents, upgrade the agents on the DC's (uninstall old and install new). The latest release includes a management node within the RMAD console to deploy backup agents to the DC's automatically. If there is a firewall between the console and the DC's then you will need to install the agent manually. If there are any issues with upgrading the nodes using the Backup Agent Management node, please uninstall the old agent and install the new one.
- Install the RMAD Portal, if desired, once the RMAD/RMADFE install is complete.