When running the Database Probe on a 10gR2 database, the Database Probe either seems to cause Toad to hang or no information is returned.
1. Go to View | Options | Oracle | Optimizer Hints and select the '/*+RULE*/' hint in the "All Others" dropdown menu.
2. Click Apply and OK to accept the changes.
3. Close Toad and restart the application.
4. Retest the Database Probe
NOTE - If the '/*+RULE*/' hint does not work, go back to View | Options | Oracle | Optimizer Hints and select another hint until you find one that does not hang Toad.
1. Go to View | Options | Oracle | General and increase the "OCI Array Buffer size" to 999.
2. Close and reload Toad
Run the following commands to gather statistics:
** Note - The database may need to be shutdown/restarted after gathering stats. For Oracle Server 10.2.0.4, a restart is a must. Also Toad for Oracle will need to be restarted in order to see the changes.