1. Cancel the restore job.
2. Unload the tape from the drive.
3. From Explore Storage tab click Explore Tape Storage… button
4. Select the tape in the list and click Explore Media.
5. Examine and remove all of the savesets on that tape. This will only remove them from the NVBU database. It won’t blank them on the tape.
6. Reload the tape into the drive. The media will display as FOREIGN.
7. From Manage Devices tab scan the tape.
8. There is a known issue (Bug 29671)that will cause the status to not show that the tape is being scanned. It will display as Idle. If the drive should become Offline, you’ll need to click Online to bring it back Online.
9. The media will still display as FOREIGN (a known issue Bug 29349) with a status of Idle when the scan has completed. You’ll need to watch the drive’s status to determine when the scan is completed.
10. Prior backups on the media should now be restorable. Last backup will not be restorable.
11. Future backups to this media will require that the media be blanked first.