Synchronization is not progressing or moving very slowly and upon reviewing the log an error similar to the following keeps appearing:
"Activation AcAdTaskHandler Task Handler, invalid collection ID: "47f5d8d19241f84f9959893687096430""
This problem is most likely caused by corrupt objects in the activation queue.
This can be resolved by purging activation queue.
Please do the following on the computer where DSA is installed:
1. Ensure DSA is not running any Synchronization or Migration jobs. On the DSA server stop the "Quest Directory Synchronization Agent Configurator Service" and the "Quest Directory Synchronization Agent Controller Service".
2. Right-click on My Computer and select Manage
3. Go to Services and Applications
4. Expand Message Queuing
5. Expand Private Queues
6. Expand hostname_activation queue, right-click Queue messages, select All Tasks | Purge
7. Expand System Queues
8. Right-click transactional dead-letter messages queue, select All Tasks | Purge
9. Start all the services that were stopped in step 1.
**it is recommended that a full resync be completed to make sure the domains are fully in sync**