Create the Software Inventory Item
Create the Managed Installation
- Download the software installer from the publisher's website.
- Install the software on a test machine and force a check-in/inventory update to the K1000.
- Find the test machine in inventory.
- Find the Software Item under Installed Programs and click on it.
- Select any operating systems from the Supported Operating Systems list that you wish to deploy to.
- Scroll to the Upload and Associate File section and upload the software installer file to the software inventory item.
- Click Save.
- Click Distribution | Managed installations | Choose Action | Add New Item.
- Name the managed installation. In the Software drop down, select the software item you created.
- Set the Execution drop-down to Anytime.
- Check the Default Installation box if using an MSI.
- Check the Override Default Installation box if using an executable or other file type.
- Use the appropriate parameters in your command line. Check the Don't Prepend msiexec.exe box if not using an MSI.
- Assign test machines in the Deploy section under Devices.
- Set any other parameters that are needed to alert users or shorten the possible deployment window.
Force the managed installation to run by forcing inventory on the test machines. Once the targeted systems run the MI, the software will show up in computer inventory under Installed Programs