How to manually remove the Download role from an Update Service.
1. Open the Desktop Authority Manager console and navigate to: Deployment Settings | Service Manager | Server Management and verify the Update Service and Update Service Connection Status are both green.
2. Close all instances of the Desktop Authority Manger Console.
3.. On the Desktop Authority Server in Windows services stop the Desktop Authority Manager Service.
4. On the server where the Update Service is installed, stop the Desktop Authority Update Service in Windows services.
5. On the same server, Run regedit and go to the following key:
6. In the registry editor, edit the value named "EnableDownloadServer" and change the value data from 1 to 0.
7. Select OK.
8. On the Desktop Authority Server, start the Desktop Authority Manager Service in Windows services.
9. On the server where the Update Service is installed, start the Desktop Authority Update Service in window services.
NOTE: Technical Support does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 “Description of the Microsoft Windows registry” at Microsoft Support.