Review the Backup error log, and you can see error "Backup size too large."
It is possible to overcome this by choosing to upload backup files to the K1000 via ftp with the following instructions:
K1000 Appliance Settings:
To upload the backup files, the K1000 appliance security settings must be configured to allow FTP write access to the K1000 appliance.
- Click Settings>Security Settings (For Org enabled K1000 go tosystemUI and click K1000 Settings>Security Settings)
- Under General Security Settings, check the boxes Enable Back up Via FTP andMake FTP Writable.
Note: An FTP password must be specified
3. Click Save. This will reboot the K1000 Appliance.
Uploading the FTP Back Up:
- On a Windows host open a command prompt window and change directory to the directory containing the backup files. From the command prompt use the following commands to upload the backup files to the K1000 appliance.
C:\> ftp k1000
> user: kbftp
> password: getbxf (5.4 and above, the FTP password created in Security Settings)
> type binary
> del yyymmdd_k1_dbdata.gz (The file currently residing on the K1000 appliance) NOTE: Delete all instances of .gz files on K1000. For 5.5X, do not delete KBOX_gz file)
> del yyymmdd_kbox_file.tgz (the file currently residing on the k1000 appliance) NOTE: Delete all instances of .tgz files on K1000. For 5.5x do not delete KBOX-TGZ file.
> put yyyymmdd_k1_dbdata.gz (The file you downloaded)
> put yyyymmdd_kbox_file.tgz (The file you downloaded)
Once the files have been uploaded, confirm that they were uploaded correctly by comparing the files sizes displayed on the Service Maintenance page with the file sizes on the local computer.
- If the files sizes are correct, you can restore the backup files to the K1000 appliance clicking Settings>Back Up and Restore. (in 6.0, 6.2, 6.3 this setting is the Backup Settings).
- Verify the files listed in Archive Files are the same that you uploaded via FTP. If it is, Click Restore and the K1000 appliance will reboot.
- The K1000 will be at the state of the back up files uploaded to the applaince.
The ftp instruction in full: How to upload K1000 appliance back up files using FTP