Agents installed on managed devices periodically check in to the KACE SMA to report inventory, update scripts,
If you have multiple organizations, you will need to configure the Agent communication settings for each organization separately.
• If the Organization component is enabled on your appliance, log in to the KACE SMA System
Administration Console, http://KACE_SMA_hostname/system, or select System in the dropdown
list in the top-right corner of the page next to the login information. Then click Organizations.
To display the organization’s information, click the organization’s name. The communication settings are going to be available on this section.
• If the Organization component is not enabled on your appliance, select Settings > Provisioning.
Then click Communication Settings on the Provisioning panel.
To reduce the load on the KACE SMA, limit the number of Agent connections to 500 per hour or less. If your appliance has Organizations enabled, the number of connections that appears next to the inventory, scripting, and metering intervals, applies to the current
organization only. The total number of Agent connections within all organizations should not exceed 500 per hour.
Recommendations to improve the performance of your Kace SMA:
- Add more time to Agent inventory (eg. raise the value from say 4HR to 8HR)
- Catalog Inventory, set to 2 days or add a day to your present settings
- Metering, set to 1 day, or add a day to your present settings
- Scripting update, set to 2 days, or add a day to your present settings
- Scroll down to see part Agent, note the Current Load Average
- See the Task Throughput and generally have it at value of 2 or 3 unless instructed otherwise
* Max recommended connections per hour is 500 or less in total between all the fields. (Agent Inventory, Catalog Inventory, Scripting Update, Metering)
If the Kace SMA is enabled with Orgs, it would be 500 connections per hour or less in total between all the organizations available in your appliance.
The general idea is to lower the amount of connections per hour to a value of 500 connections per hour or less in total.
After these changes are completed, go to Settings > Support > Troubleshooting Tools / Display Agent Task Status.
- On this screen Select View By: "In Progress" and Show: "1000" devices per page. Delete all the tasks available, these tasks will start to run again by themselves with the new settings that were changed in the "Communication Settings" section.
- Select "View By" again and repeat the process for the tasks that are shown as "Ready to Run (connected), "Ready to Run" and " Longer than 10 Minutes".
After the clean up process is done, the appliance should have an overall performance improvement.
If after following these steps the issue persist or have additional questions, contact KACE Support for assistance.
Is your KACE solution working as efficiently as possible? Learn more about our KACE Health Check