Ensure the account specified during the SharePoint topology scan has the following permissions:
- Local Administrator on the Change Auditor Agent\SharePoint Central Administration server
- SharePoint Farm Administrator
- The following mappings on the SQL Server that contains the SharePoint databases:
Perform the following if the issue persists after verifying the permissions:
- Log in to Change Auditor Agent\SharePoint Central Administration server as a Farm Administrator account
- Open a Command prompt "As Administrator"
- Navigate to the following directory: C:\Program Files\Quest\Change Auditor\Agent\Plug-in for SharePoint
- Run the following command: SharePointPluginLauncher2013.exe --scan
The command will either output an error or an XML with the farm topology. Review the output to verify if the expected results are returned.
Note: Ensure the command prompt is run elevated or the output may be blank.