To create a registry variable:
- On the navigation panel, under Dashboards, click Administration > Rules & Notifications > Manage Registry Variables
- Click Add. The New Registry Variable Wizard opens.
- Select the registry variable type String, and click Next
- In the Name field, enter a name, for example: EmailTeamName. Optional — Add a description.
- Click Next
- Select Static Value
- In the Enter desired value box, enter one or more email addresses (separated by commas). NOTE: Email Groups are not permitted.
- Click Finish
The Edit Registry Variable dashboard displays the newly created registry variable.
To use a registry variable in email notifications, in the to field type your created variable name between two hash (#) symbols, for example: #EmailTeamName#. For more information, see Defining email notifications, recipients, and messages in the User Guides for Foglight Cartirdge for SQL Server, Oracle or DB2.