Or perform the same steps using Exchange management console:
- Open the EMC (Exchange Management Console), from the Toolbox node, click on the Database Recovery Management:
- Type the name of your Exchange server and Domain Controller server name and then click Next at the bottom of the screen:
- From the Tasks options, choose Manage Recovery Storage Group and then click on the Mount or Dismount Database in the Recovery Storage Group:
- Now select the Database that you want to dismount, mark it with "V" symbol and click on Dismount Selected database:
- After dismounting the database, you will get a report with a result of the process.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 in this paragraph and from the tasks options, click on Remove the Recovery Storage Group:
- Click the Remove the Recovery Storage Group option again:
- After removing the RSG, you will get a report with a result of the process.
Once you have removed the Recovery storage group properly, please verify that it is removed by opening the Exchangement Management Shell and typing the command: Get-MailboxDatabase –Status