When planning a K1000 appliance Host name change the following steps NEED to be performed in order:
1. Put both names in DNS and ensure DNS resolves. KACE does not support this step.
2. Change the configuration files on the client: There are several ways to do this, but for this article a script example is used.
3. When all clients are verified checking in with the new name (see below) then change the name in Settings>Network Settings
Note: If SSL is enabled and steps not followed in order , there is a risk that all devices will not communicate to the K1000, all devices will need to be re-provisioned.
Create The Script:
- Go to Scripting › Scripts, Choose Action, and select New
- Configure the top part of the script as preferred.
- ClickNew Task
- In the On Success part of the script: click Add> Launch a program. Perform the steps below:
- Directory: $(KACE_INSTALL)
- File: amptools.exe
- Wait for completion (unchecked)
- Parameters: -resetconf host=